- Attendance is limited to ca. 120 participants.
- Completion of a PhD degree is required.
- A suitable location should be chosen where the Conference can take place in a relaxed atmosphere, without too much ‘urban’ or other distractions – hence, the Bürgenstock or Brunnen.
- Speakers are chosen on the basis of their known ability to contribute substantially to the selected areas of the Conference.
- Lectures and discussions are normally confined to mornings and evenings, the afternoons being free for recreation or informal discussions.
- Within the formal sessions, the number of lectures should be two (maximally three) each morning, and one in the evening.
- Nothing is written or published. It is an accepted principle that information presented or discussed is not to be used elsewhere without the approval of the speaker or participants concerned.
- No photographs are allowed to be taken during the lectures.
- A small committee should be appointed to plan each meeting, under a chairman (President) who makes the final decisions about the program.
- The selection of participants should include a balanced number of junior and senior, academic and industrial scientists, with a reasonable distribution among the European countries.
Please note that payment of all fees must be made in full within 30 days of the submission of your registration, and in any case prior to the event. No onsite payment is possible.
- If you cancel your participation after March 20, 2020 or you do not show up, no refund of the conference fees is possible.
- For cancellations after March 20, 2020, only 50% of the hotel fees will be refunded.
- For cancellations after April 16, 2020, no refund will be proceeded.
Alteration or Cancellation of the Conference
The organizers reserve the right to cancel the conference in case of any unpredictable event. In the event of such a cancellation, the organizers will refund any registration fees paid, and this refund shall be the full extent of the organizers’ liability to the delegate arising out of such cancellation.
The organizers cannot accept any liability for personal injuries or for loss or damage to property belonging to the delegates, either during, or as a result of the conference. Please check the validity of your own personal insurance before traveling. All conference attendees, speakers, exhibitors and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of any and all individual or corporation presentations and online web content.
The information given to the organizers will be recorded in the organizers’ databases and will be used for administration purposes. The organizers may take photographs, and include any of these photographs on its websites. You are not permitted to record any part of the event.
Applicable Law and Place of Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Switzerland. Jurisdiction for any dispute arising from or in connection with the conference shall exclusively be the courts of the city of Bern (domicil of the SCS).
Swiss Chemical Society